Error –1: The message “There was an error writing to LPT1: for the printer [IBM Proprinter XL24e]: There was a problem ………………………………….” with a message box.
This message indicates that the printer is unable to print specific object. The following steps to be done for solving the problem:
- Remove all the scotch tape and extra papers from the Printer (If any). It is applicable only when you set a new printer first time.
- Check whether the Printer Data Cable is connected properly to printer port of CPU & printer and Power Cable connection from extension board to printer properly.
- On the Power switch of Stabilizer and Printer (If switched off);
- Ensure the paper is inserted properly in the paper feeder of the printer.
- Press “Retry” or try to reprint the document, if everything is ok.
Error – 2: Printer prints garbage.
Causes: a) Proper printer driver is not installed.
- b) The proper printer driver is not set as default.
Remedy: a) Install proper printer driver.
- b) Click start > Settings > Printer > Right click on your physical printers driver > if the tick (√) mark is not exist before ‘Set as default’ then click on it.
Error – 3: Printer output page is Blank.
Cause: Printer data cable may have defect.
Remedy: Change printer data cable (One or more pin of the printer data cable may disconnected or broken)